Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 14:48:57 EDT
Betsey, I know one mother who had something like this, though it sounds as if
it were not so absolute as this mother's situation.   (It was related to
oversupply on one side -- I've been seeing oversupply all summer and fall, it
seems.)

In that case one thing that worked was trying a *brand new* position on the
rejected breast -- so that it was as if it were a new breast altogether.
At the same time of course we worked on decreasing the oversupply that we
thought might have started the problem on that side.  For about a week the
baby would *only* take that side in the new position (side lying, since it
was an oversupply issue) but after a while he gradually agreed to it in other
situations as well, as long as he wasn't really tired or cranky or...

Hope this may help -- Elisheva