From:
P Wiggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 15:54:39 -0400
RE: WIC Farmers Market Program.  This sounds like a wonderful idea.  Would
like to learn more about it.  Sure wish VA. would jump on this bandwagon!

Re: eliciting sucking - I have found that rubbing behind the baby's ears
will get most to suck.   And when his hand relaxes from a fist, he is satiated.

Kathleen A: Do you live in the country?  One disadvantage of living in the
country is that unwanted animals come in your house to die.  You will have
to find a teenager, desperate for money, (like mine,) who is willing to
crawl under your house and pull the offending thing out.  No amount of
"spray" will get rid of the smell.  I currently pay my son $2.00 to sniff
out and remove dead mice from under the refrigerator, behind furniture, etc.
It is worse in the fall when the crops have been harvested and they come
looking for food.  Our lazy old cat just "wounds" mice and they scurry away
to hide and die. Although, occasionally, he will eat their heads and bring
the rest to the foot of our bed. Yuk.

ALSO:  Yes, the comet is wonderful.  Everyone here should get away from
Lactnet a few minutes and go out and look for it tonight. One advantage to
country living is star gazing....

Pam Wiggins, Franklin VA.