Date:
Tue, 9 Sep 2003 13:52:50 -1000
From: Laura

Date: Tuesday, September 09, 2003 11:54:09 AM

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: Preemie Supps

I have to agree with Lynn that we are wading in territories that are

unproven by assuming that preemies need the extras in order to grow and
catch up." And I have been in the NICU for 14 years and have seen many
babies come back to visit when they are 4, 5 , 7, 10 years old and their
growth appears fine. Perhaps Dr Nancy Wight can fill us in on the protocols
because we are just going on the recommendation of our newly hired dietician
(?nutritionist) who I saw getting her stats out of a booklet published by R.
... Laboratories.

hhhmmmm......Aloha Laura

Laura Kelley DeWaele RN IBCLC

Kaiser Permanente Hawaii