From:
Hotheaded Red <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 15:25:15 -0500
Hi all. I have been nomail for a few months, trying to keep up with "real
life" but I again need your wisdom! ;)

Several months back a discussion ensued regarding antibody response in
mothers to infectious organisms being triggered by babies saliva and some
mechanism regarding the montgomery glands.  I am unable to think of a
narrow enough search to simply search the archives for this one.

Does *anyone* recall this discussion, and were there any references for
this phenomenon?  it seems as though I recall it may have been found
because even breastfed babies in daycare recovered from illness more
quickly, and the mothers, though not exposed to the viruses/bacteria
directly were still found to produce antibodies in their milk.

ANY help at all on this is MOST appreciated.  And an even bigger favor, so
i don't miss it on the list, is please cc me on any responses!

I miss it here!

Heidi Murphy
Peer Counselor, BSN Student
Gainesville FL USA