Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 06:48:59 -0400
I found an "interesting" flyer put up at my WIC office by the smoking
cessation coordinator.
It shamelessly told pregnant women of the dangers of smoking to their
unborn and newborn
babies.  I altered the words and put in breastfeeding to substitute for
smoking and added some additional risks of formula.  One flyer is called
Effects of Smoking on Infants and the other is called Effects of Formula
on Infants.  Now I want to use these two flyers in a research project.  I
want to show both flyers to HCP's and ask a set of questions about their
reactions to each flyer.  I'm just not sure how the purpose should be
stated.  Maybe something like "reaction of HCP's to strong promotion of
smoking versus breastfeeding".  I know that's not it though....can
someone help out here?  Or do you think it's not
an interesting study at all.

Thanks,
Ilene Fabisch, IBCLC
(wicbfnet listmom, mlcanet listmom)