Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2016 23:41:35 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
In our area I am shocked that so many doctors and midwives are so comfortable writing scrips for Reglan and warning women not to take Domperidone.  I have seem many mothers suffer with horrible side effects using Reglan, depression being only one.  And I have never seen any side effects with Domperidone.  Dr. Nice’s recent webinar on Domperidone sponsored by Ameda (not sure if it is still available) was wonderful on issues with this medication. 

It is my option and experience that if Reglan is used my a mother, it should not be taken more than 7-10 days.  I used it 28 years ago before we could get our hands on Domperidone.  After  a couple of months of taking Reglan, I became severely  depressed and I did not improve weeks after I stopped the drug.  I was ultimately hospitalized for one month for severe depression.   It took awhile before figuring out which anti-depressant would help.   For many years I have directed mothers to the pharmacy in Vanuatu for Domperidone.  They are very professional and offer three different brands of Domperidone.  The only down side is the 14 day it takes to have it shipped to moms in the U.S.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2