From:
Sarah Barnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 1996 21:07:51 -0500
I just watched (my 1 hour a week) StarTrek Voyager.  There was a baby
born.  The mother asked the Dr. "When can I breast-feed?" (My husband and
I both clearly heard the hyphen)  The Dr. answered "anytime" but went on to
caution her that they would have to seek alternatives in about 4 weeks
when the baby's (father is non-human) incisors erupted because the mother
had no protective scales on her breasts.  I guess no one told him that
babies can't nurse and bite at the same time.  How about some creative
positioning here.   Actually it was a positive interchange, not vital at
all to the plot, and just proves that even in the 24th century breastmilk
is still the gold standard.

Sarah Friend Barnett, LLLL, IBCLC
Bronx (New York City), New York