Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:49:15 -0600
Mary, I did an archives search because I knew that this subject had come up
before on Lactnet.  The one post that had some usuable material was the
following.

Pat Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

----

Date:         Fri, 14 Feb 1997 08:06:01 -0600
Sender:       Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
From:         David and Staci <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Bullet Proof vests

> Subject: Bullet-proof vest
> Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 06:27:15 -0500
> From: "Sue Clark, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
>
> An LC from a neighboring community asked me to post this request.  She has a
> client who is a police officer and will be wearing a bullet-proof vest when
> she returns to work.  Does anyone have experience with this?  Will the
> weight/pressure of the vest create problems with milk stasis?  Any safe way
> to protect the breast underneath the vest?
>
> Sue Clark, RD, IBCLC
> 310 Seminole Court
> Midland, MI  48642
> e-mail [log in to unmask]

Got this info from LETN (Law Enforcement Television Network) that for
bullet proof vests for females are manufactured different than for males
in that the womans bra size in taken in account during the manufacturing
process.  Within the vest are 2 recesses that serve as "cups" to
accomindate the woman.  Most vest today are lightwieght and shouldn't
pose a problem with pressure on the chest.  Just make sure that she
tries on different vests to find one that she likes.

Staci

Mailto:[log in to unmask]