Date:
Mon, 26 Aug 2019 11:26:33 -0400
> One technique I have found very effective that hasn't been mentioned yet is to have the mother soak a cotton ball in warmed olive oil, place the cotton ball on her nipple and cover with a breast pad.  Doing this after each feeding seems to help soften the bleb so that it opens and allows the backed up milk to be removed either with the baby's suckling or with a breast pump. This, along with the massage techniques previously suggested, has worked well for most.
>
> Cindy Garrison BS IBCLC
			I too suggest the above protocol as well — good results!

			As far as blebs returning……….my finding is that if the
			latch is good, the blisters don’t come back ——> FIX THE LATCH

—Kathy

Kathy Koncelik, CBD, CPD, CLC
Co-Founder
Long Island Doula Assoc., Inc.
A 501.c.3 Not-For-Profit Charitable Corporation
		631.581.1066