From:
"Jay Gordon, MD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2009 12:18:48 -0700
Kathy, that's a very unpleasant post.  (³ .  .  . Academic dishonesty .  .
. ³  ³plagiarism² ³ .  .  .stay as far away as possible from Dr. Gordon .  .
.²)

I am a very vocal supporter of breastfeeding and Lactnet.  I also refer
patients and audiences to your books because you are a brilliant and
articulate expert in your field.   You have always been one of my heroes in
promoting breastfeeding and toddler nursing.  My point of view regarding
vaccinations is off topic and I will keep it off Lactnet.  I know that your
husband was the Director of Delaware¹s Immunization Program and that you and
I disagree about this topic.

What I wrote on April Fool¹s Day was funny.  Period.  It also got the
attention of the American Academy of Pediatrics who have not paid enough
attention to Lactnet and all of us for a long, long time.

You are correct in assuming that I do NOT look to evidenced-based medicine
as the solution to everything.  You are just plain wrong to be so nasty.

Experience-based medicine is equally valuable whether the topic is
breastfeeding or something else.  We all know how many doctor/scientists
have stopped mothers from breastfeeding because of evidence-based medicine.

I DO know Dr. Tayloe and will be speaking with him this Wednesday with the
intent of improving the dialogue with the lactation community.  He¹s a good
and honest man and I anticipate a very pleasant productive exchange of
ideas.

Kathy, you will always have my respect for your writing, your speaking, your
books and your strong scientific support of breastfeeding and nursing
mothers.

Best,

Jay Gordon, MD, FAAP, FABM