From:
Lynn Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1970 22:00:52 -0600
The video in question is called "Delivery Self Attachment."  Googling
the title will take you right to Amazon.  It is an inexpensive video,
very short, just clips interspersed with text.  It is very dramatic in
its quiet way, and really makes an impression on pregnant moms.  I wish
every L&D nurse could see it, especially in hospitals with high epidural
rates, so that some of the train wrecks could be averted before they
call me!

Lynn, MA Counseling

and I sure do use my degree/skills every day!  Beyond helping a mom feel
heard, ferreting out the real issues, processing births, and dealing
diplomatically with difficult hcps, I think we are all a bit loopy
immediately postpartum, and it's sure nice to know how to respond to
that.  And while I'm at it, let me second the recommendation of LLL work
to gain experience.  It fits in nicely around family life, and you can
choose to limit yourself to the normal course of breastfeeding, or dig
as deeply as you care to into complications.

Lynn