From:
Lynn Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:01:16 -0600
When I have a mom making insufficient milk (haven't had one with none
at all yet) I really emphasize the orthodontic benefits of nursing at
the breast.  For some reason the closeness idea isn't persuasive, maybe
because most people here bottle feed and no one is going to say that
friend/neighbor/relative isn't appropriately bonded to her child.  It
seems to be surprising news whenever I share it, and braces are so
expensive that it makes an impact.  "You may have to shell out the big
bucks for formula, but maybe you can save some on the braces."

Sadly, I have two ladies trying to offload donor milk locally and there
are no takers, and I have offered to half a dozen people.

Lynn