Stephanie George <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 15 Sep 2023 09:31:01 -0400
Sago:

My community of Six Nations of the Grand River hosted a concert by Buffy, a
few months before Covid hit. It was an arts week for the youth.

I was GAGA over her coming and was able to get ticket for me, our girl, and
Dave.

While I am a good speaker, I am ALWAYS nervous in the first few minutes.

We get to the table for her to sign our CD. I thanked her for coming and
what she's done for breastfeeding. I explained abou being an Indigenous
Midwife and IBCLC here (so far, so good) but

then

I blurted out

"I have your boobs on my wall."

I nearly died.

Buffy, she nearly died from laughing. She stopped, then she start again,
"Oh dear that may have just made my night, my year! Thank you!! My boobs on
your wall!"

We did talk about the Birthing Centre here, which is quite well known
around Indigenous communities, and she said it was great I was an LC and
midwife for my community,

I am glad he thought I was funny but uuuggghhh lol

Steph, Six Nations
Canada