Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 17:28:39 EST
Marsha says,

> In talking with our medical director he has asked me to relay that they do
> not want people sent home with S S ((meaning...well, you know)) system  he
> wishes them to just use it as a adjunct while they are here in the hospital.
> the same for finger feeding and cup feeding.
> Thanks<<

There's tons in your post I could respond to, but I've promised myself I'll
be "nice" whatever that is, and however unusal that may be for me.....

Haven't these people PAID for this equipment?  Isn't it theirs?  Are they
allowed to take home other equipment, such as a peri bottle, or a tube of
nupercainal for their sore perineums?  If they have to pump in the hospital,
are they or are they not allowed to keep the equipment into which they pump?
And what does this Medical Director plan to do?  Cut off the mom's finger so
she can't fingerfeed?  Go to her home and collect anything that might
resemble a cup?  Since when do we teach parents how to do something and then
tell them they can't do it?

Jan -- obviously my resolve to be nice melted quickly -- in Wheaton