Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 13:21:17 +0200
Firstly, being subscribed to Lactnet is costing me a fortune!!!!
I wish I never heard of these publications, websites, new innnovations (pidgeon nipple pullers?)
I just ordered 4. Books? Amazon has never lived so well. I am spending all my birthday money
(from myself to myself, cause at nearly 50 seems like my folks have forgotten me) on these
special things. So, thank you all out there for all of your recommendations and enlightening
information.

Deanne, I was wondering about your writing about nipple shields being able to assist preemies.
How would that be easier than encouraging latching on directly to the breast ?  The shields are
slimey, slippery and have no traction so IMHO it would be easier for a little one to succeed at
the breast than on a gadget which may be the wrong shape and definitely the wrong texture?
Thanks.

Ellen Shein IBCLC in Tel Aviv