From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 1996 10:17:31 -0400
Brian just triggered a thought....(we all know how dangerous that can be!)

Where is it in the literature that tight frenums should NOT be clipped?  If
it is only in the literature re speech pathology, is that not a one-sided
approach?  Does not the bf literature count?  (According to my favorite (not)
pediatrician here, the bf literature is nothing in the world of REAL
journals).  What about the dental literature?  Shouldn't there be a balanced
approach, recognizing that an issue like this doesn't affect just one
discipline?

Truly, does anyone have literature about the dangers of clipping a frenulum?
 when did that start?  We all know it "fell out of favor" some years ago --
late 60's?  early 70's?  When they stopped doing circs in the DR?  But what
triggered the falling out?

Inquiring minds want to know in Wheaton, IL  (where we survived prom, Torrey
looked absolutely exquisite and she had a great time....)

Jan Barger