From:
Henya Kazatchkov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2020 19:59:19 +0300
Hi, ladies, I have not posted here in a long time.
I can certainly relate to that situation. A few years back an
important person in our community asked me to assist a new mom. Baby
was loosing weight, they did an extensive checkup in the hospital and
found no medical issues. So I came to visit the Mam and see what could
be done to help. She seemed very nice, no obvious problems. Happy with
the baby and her husband. Husband was ok. She even had help in the
house - her Mom came to stay with them. Lots of milk and baby was
feeding nicely. I made two more visits. All looked good, but baby was
not gaining weight. Then, I was in the neighborhood and dropped by
without letting them know I was coming. I was not trying to catch them
doing something wrong, just had a few minutes and wanted to see what
was happening. This time Grandma was out shopping. And the Mother of
the baby finally opened up! She said that Mom took the baby to her
room for the night - because nursing mothers need to sleep... Ha? I
asked her but you told me that you feed the baby at night... Well she
lied. At most baby was given a bottle of water to keep her quiet. I
decided that this was over my head, I let the person, who originally
asked for my help know what was happening and let her deal with it. I
know that a few days later Grandma packed up and went home. Ironically
young mother was not grateful to me. I think she did not want to
believe that her Mom was giving her bad advice. And now she had to get
up and feed the baby at night.

--
Henya
Migdal HaEmek, Israel