From:
Trish Thackston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 17:46:01 -0400
Margaret G. Bickmore wrote:

> While this whole vitamin D situation is aggravating beyond belief, at
> least it is good if babies are given only the one vitamin instead of a
> mixture of supplements they don't need.

My mother works closely with a US vitamin manufacturer (which is in no
way affiliated with formula).  When I mentioned that D only infant drops
were not available, she told me that they might be interested in
creating and marketing such a supplement.  She is willing to present the
idea to the COE of the company, but would like to get a few more
references to include.

The two things that she would like to have documented is that there is
no D only drop available, and that there is a benefit to bf babies
having a D only supplement as opposed to the multivitimin supplement
currently on the market.  I'm in the process of sifting through all of
the posts on this thread to put this info together, but if anyone has
such references, or would like to write a couple of sentences stating
this (preferrably someone with some "initials" behind their name for the
credibility factor) that would be wonderful!  You can send it to me
privately at [log in to unmask]

Thanks!
Trish,  Lactation Educator in VA