From:
Cindy Dexter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 10:20:29 -0500
I am posting this question for a nurse in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Does anyone have a solution to the powdered fortifiers clogging feeding tubes
and the difficulties in mixing it?  The feeling here is that the powder is
better than the liquid because you use more breastmilk with the powder.  Also,
does anyone use a crockpot to warm human milk in the Neonatal unit?  I
understand that this may open a discussion regarding the controversy of using
fortifiers or not but in the extreme preterm population that exists at this
medical center it seems to be a reasonable alternative to preterm artificial
milks feedings.  Thanks!