From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 16:52:43 +0100
I just read Barbara Wilson-Clay's post from about a week ago:

> It seems to have been a year of frustration and growing pains as ILCA out-grew
>the kitchen tables where it was so lovingly incubated.  The change has
>apparantly been fraught with false starts and some confusion, but now is the
>time to  demonstrate if we are serious about having a professional
>organization for LCs by sending in our memberships and supporting the conf.

And I'd like to add my 2 cents.  I went to my first ILCA conference in
1991, and was so bowled over that I decided never to miss another.  Some
years have been  spectacular, others less so, but the year I enjoyed the
sessions the least, I spent lots of time with my "e-mail group practice
colleages" - the group of 7 women I met on lactnet and correspond with
almost daily.  So it was still worth it.

If you've never been to an ILCA conference, you'll be astounded by the
energy there.  Do come and be part of it!

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL  Ithaca, NY, who'll be wearing the blue
shirt that says "Breastfeeding: everybody's doing it" on the front and
lines from the scandalous PSA ("I did it with 2 girls at once" "I can walk
and do it at the same time" etc) on the back - with extras in her suitcase
:-)