From:
Kerri Frischknecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 14:36:14 -0500
I would like to wish all you wise people out there a very Happy New Year,
and keep up the good work. I am most grateful for being able to profit from
all the knowledge everyone has.

I have two questions regarding Human milk bank donation:

1. I quote from Ruth Lawrences book: A guide for the medical profession.
1999 edition. Page 893. Temporary diqualification: a) During any acute
infection, including clinical mastitis or monilial and fungal infections of
the nipple or the breast.

I have been asked by the Dr. in charge of the NICU where I work as an LC if
the reason is because of the infection or the administration of anti-
fungals. If it is due to the latter is it only systemic or also topical?

2. A mother we have who delivered at 28weeks on September 15th. and had as
well as the baby Salmonella very early on postpartum, still has plenty of
milk. Is she allowed to donate now or not.

I would be most grateful for infomation regarding these things, it is also
possible to e-mail me privately.

Thankyou in advance.
Kerri Frischknecht RN. RM. IBCLC. In cold and snowy Switzerland