From:
The Curries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 17:33:55 +0200
      We have moved to a new ward and one of the most disturbing facts has
arisen that we can no longer have "lodgers".   A mother was told to go home
on Frdiay and come back for her baby the next day.   The baby was under the
lights for jaundice - this was about the mom's 4th day.   I blew a gasket -
I wrote a letter and was told to "relax" about breastfeeding!   As a result
of my letter which was "honey instead of vinegar" (I keep on saying those
words whilst writing the letter -thanks for them) I have been called to see
the manager (a nice man) but I would love some suggestions - I wrote in my
letter about engorgerment, the distress to the mom and the allergies -
anything else I can say from you ladies?
Thanks a million.
Barbie Currie - who hopes to anwer questions one day instead of asking them.
South Africa.