From:
Ruth Fiedler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:57:15 +1000
Hi Valerie
What surprises me is that people would add anything to breastmilk.
Breastmilk tastes absolutely wonderful without the any flavourings!  It is
one of those "comforting" flavours that one likes to go back too.  And why
add all the artifical stuff, when it is truly a such a highly nutritious
food it its own right.

What concerns me, is that adding anything to breastmilk implies that it must
taste foul and need something to make it more palatable, and that by itself
it is not highly nutritious and so to be truly worthwhile in ones diet one
must add the sugar and those all important vitamins A,B (several of
them)D,E, iron and calcium and the ones that I have forgotten (I too was
bought up on milo but refuse to buy it - we have a cheap drinking chocolate
for special occassions)

If only people would return to WHO and the idea of 2 year plus breastfeeding
(OK I can dream)

Regards
Ruth Fiedler