From:
Barbara Berges <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:27:44 -0400
There was an article published in 1992 regarding newborn infant stomach
capacity.  The authors stated in the abstract that "our results have
provided normative data on stomach capacity across a wide birth weight range
in the perinatal period".  I am trying to get the full text of the study to
obtain those figures.

So, I come to my international Lactnet community.  Is anyone able to obtain
a copy of this study that they could share with me?  If it cannot be
emailed, I am willing to pay postage.

Indian J Gastroenterol.  1992 Oct;11(4):156-8.  An autopsy study of
relationship between perinatal stomach capacity and birth weight.  Naveed M,
Manjunath CS, Sreenicas V.  Department of Pediatrics, Government Medical
College, Mysore.

Thanks to each of you for your help with this.

Barb Berges BS, RN, IBCLC
near Cleveland, Ohio