From:
Monique Schaefers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 21:28:59 -0800
Marie Biancuzzo wrote:
(SNIP)
> I just had a parent raise an interesting question to me, however. The
> dad said that the AAP's guideline to have *exclusive*  breastfeeding
> for the first 6 months wasn't right; he insisted that as soon as the
> infant extends his hand when the food is on the parents' table, the
> infant is ready to eat other foods.(SNIP)

So following that logic ... We should allow the child to drive as soon
as they reach their hand out for the car keys???  We should allow them
to handle a sharp knife???  Express some interest in where babies come
from???  Just because a child displays some curiosity doesn't mean they
are prepared physically, emotionally, mentally for the challenge.

--
Monique