From:
Julius Edlavitch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 1996 06:24:06 -0600
I plan to schedule this time for Lactational professionals and interested
parties to chat live about lactation issues.

Every Monday at 22:00 New York Time
on chat server "chat.tc.umn.edu"

channel "pediatrics"

for information about International Pediatric Chat
for information how to get the program to do live chat
for infromation about registering for International Pediatric Chat

Please join us

http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html

> [...]
>waited on me made a heroic effort to fit my very long name (with all those
>wonderful initials after it) onto a little badge.  He did a great job!
>
>I'm extremely glad the wait is over and congratulate all other fellow new
>IBCLC LACTNETTERS!
>
>Donna Zitzelberger RN BSN IBCLC (and proud of it) !!!
>Date:    Sun, 27 Oct 1996 12:40:11 +0000
>From:    Patricia Young <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Karen - hair dye, etc.
>
>I hope Dr. Tom can enlighten us on hair dye and perms.  I've heard lots of
>"new wives" tales about perms not taking etc. during pg and BF.  One that
>alarmed me the most was a mom in my group who swore that after her perm, her
>milk tasted like the perm smelled.  Which makes sense when you think about
>the skin area the head offers for absorption into the system.  (She pumped
>and dumped for a while!)  Same idea would apply to hair dye, which has some
>nasty ingredients.  Hope someone can enlighten us.
>Pat Young in SNJ, USA
>Date:    Sun, 27 Oct 1996 07:57:25 EST
>From:    Barbara Berges <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: LACTNET: LACTNET Digest 26 Oct 1996
>
>In defense of Jane Seymour, she may not even know that the "bottle" shots
>were included in the add, or that they were even done.  If you notice,
>her face is not shown in the bottle segments.  They could have shot them
>with another actress and other babies. Maybe the producers, directors
>or whoever decided they needed to "spice it up" and added the shots to
>the final version long after Jane's segments were shot.  It is possible!!!
>
>Barb Berges, RN, IBCLC
>Rochester, New York
>Date:    Sun, 27 Oct 1996 09:31:18 -0500
>From:    "Linda J. Smith, BSE, FACCE, IBCLC" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: breastfeeding cards
>
>TO: UNICEF Media
>
>I received your catalog of Christmas cards, and was very dismayed to find not
>even ONE card with Mary breastfeeding baby Jesus. This, from an agency that
>supposedly supports breastfeeding?  Please find one or more depicting
>breastfeeding  and add it (them) to your collection.
>
>Linda Smith, BSE, FACCE, IBCLC
>Bright Future Lactation Resource Centre
>6540 Cedarview Ct
>Dayton OH 45459
>Date:    Sun, 27 Oct 1996 14:34:18 GMT
>From:    "Nan Jolly MD, LLL" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Vomiting & Oestrogen
>
>Oestrogen levels are generally low just before a period; they are highest at
>ovulation, then after a dip, rise about a week later to a lower peak, and fall
>again at the period.  So surely it wasn't that that caused the baby to vomit?
>Perhaps PMT in mom led to anxiety and nausea in baby???
>
>>From Nan Jolly M.B. B.Ch. LLL Leader.
>Date:    Sun, 27 Oct 1996 09:58:20 -0500
>From:    "Linda J. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Congratulations to new IBCLCs
>
>Congratulations to all the new IBCLC's out there!
>
>Your hard work and patience with mothers and babies has resulted in your
WONDERFUL accomplishment!  Hope to meet you ALL one day!