From:
"Dr. Harvey Karp and Nina Montee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 10:32:59 -0800
Date:    Wed, 8 Jan 2003 07:59:04 -0600
From:    Barbara Wilson-Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: early solids

Dear Barbara,

Rather than starting meat, I usually recommend that moms add some organic
adult prune juice to the first foods (usually non-acidic fruits and yellow
vegetables).  It is high in iron, helps to prevent the constipation that
often occurs with the first foods and it is much easier to digest than meat.

Harvey Karp