From:
Rachel e-mail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 00:38:28 +0200
While I did know that Michael Dorris had killed himself, I had never heard of the accusations mentioned here.  You do not say how you heard of the accusations, Kathy, so I have no way of judging the credibility of your informant.  I only know Michael Dorris through his writing, and I am disturbed that LACTNET is being used to spread damaging rumors about a person totally unable to defend himself.  If you have good reason to believe the accusations were true, perhaps that should go on the list too.  Or better yet, perhaps it shouldn't.  But because of my own reactions to Dorris' writing (positive ones) I am curious.  Could you mail me privately to elaborate on this?  Thanks
Rachel Myr