Date:
Sun, 28 May 2000 10:33:11 EDT
Judi says that an expectant 3rd-time mother << asked if there
 were anything she could do before the baby came >>

YES!  She can learn.

She can learn a lot about bf, both her side (how breasts work) and her babies
side.  (
how babies' suckling works).  She can get a really good book (maybe
Bestfeeding?) or some good, not-dated handouts with helpful pictures, to try
to understand what better latch would look like.  She can try to figure out
as best she can what problems she may have had the last time -- poor latch
only from poor technique?  What's her kids' oral anatomy look like?  What was
her feeding pattern like?   And she can learn what support is available to
her -- not only professional support, like you, though its great she has you,
but also who will do her laundry?  When and where does LLL meet in her
neighborhood?  etc etc etc.

All obvious, I know, but so often we are asked for  "technical" solution,
even in advance, when fixing the head may be as important or more so than
fixing the anatomy.

Elisheva Urbas, NYC