From:
Daniel Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 19:41:46 -0500
Hi All,
    I agree with Naomi B-Y. and Kathleen A. (and any others) on the
consent forms before using artificial baby milks. Perhaps then mothers
and (especially fathers) would realize how important the decision is
that they are making.
    I also have to step in as the 'devil's advocate' for just a moment.
When I had my son some 22+ years ago, I knew nothing of LLL or any
breastfeeding information group, or for that matter any childbirth
education group. The clinic did well as far the medical aspect of
pregnancy but not as far as prenatal education about parenting. I made
many mistakes and lacked a lot of knowledge. I grew more with #2 because
of experience and LLL. And, even more with #s3 & 4 because of more
involvement with LLL. But, and this is a very big but, I have only come
to realize a lot of the hard facts, medical issues, research, and
studies, since stepping into the Area Professional Liaison position with
LLL, starting to attend CEU sessions at various conferences and Health
Professional Seminars and finally clicking into LactNet. We have to grow
into mothering, and like our children, some of us master development
stages quickly, others at a slower pace. Instead of being frustrated, we
may need to, at times, and step back and wonder what issues this mother
and/or family may be going through that we are not even getting a clue
about.
    Finally Linda's comments on Guilt were worded very well. I agree
wholeheartedly at her conclusions. I need to start printing out these
gems to tide me through the rough times!

Leslie Ward
Vine Grove, KY
"We will be known forever by the tracks we leave." Dakota Proverb