From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2012 07:41:46 -0400
Dear Lactnet Friends:

My new friend Mary told me a story about a friend of her's, who attended
her daughter's home water birth. The birth was beautiful and deeply moving
for the new grandmother, who had never witnessed such a thing before.

As the friend is also a lactivist, she counted the number of times the
newborn nursed in the first day. It was 30.

I remember Chele Marmet (if I recall correctly) saying something here on
Lactnet years ago, about newborns nursing 20 times the first day in
Japanese hospitals.
Telling mothers that in the US would turn many of them off.

Best to compare breastfeeding with kissing in a new love relationship. Who
is counting? Just have fun and get very good at what you are doing. With
numbers comes judgement, with pleasure, comes desire.

warmly,

--
Nikki Lee RN, BSN, Mother of 2, MS, IBCLC, CCE, CIMI, ANLC, CKC
craniosacral therapy practitioner