Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Nov 2011 09:43:39 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (34 lines)
Considering the discussions about locating someone to clip a frenulum, I wondered if anyone had yet posted this site:

www.tonguetieclipit.com/   

<Disclaimer:

The purpose of this website is to provide educational information for clinicians to learn about the topic of ankyloglossia (tongue-tie). This is an educational site and, as such, does not confer certification. A frenotomy should only be performed by a clinician trained, experienced, and certified with the procedure. Clinicians should check with their departmental leaders or credentialing committees to determine the steps they need to take to become certified in performing frenotomies.>

The information is not designed for parents, but does have several videos what might provide helpful explanations. It is also a good learning resource for LC's and other professionals just to know more about the subject. As I clicked all the links at the top, I was very surprised to find in one of them the diagrams (by Kyle Cotterman) that I had submitted to JHL in 1999 illustrating a teaching tip. It demonstrates how to use one's hands to show optimum tongue placement with an off center latch. (Diagrams were reprinted complete with my anatomical labeling error blush blush;-) 

It is entirely possible that if LC's were to share this website with more clinicians with appropriate privileges, parents might one day be able to find more practitioners who can perform a frenotomy closer to home.

K. Jean Cotterman RNC-E, IBCLC
WIC Volunteer, Dayton OH

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2