From:
Joyce Blangiardo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 17:12:08 UT
On Thu, 29 Aug 1996 13:53:03 Elizabeth made an excellent point when she wrote:
>> Emotion Lotion becomes warm when applied, sort of like Ben-Gay's
"penetrating warmth".  Thanks for pointing out the concern about that, and
about use of those containing spermicides.

Many of the lubricants listed in the previous post are available in two
varieties: plain and plus (meaning it contains non-oxynol 9).  I recently read
somewhere (where? Something from the FDA?) that there's been no clear answer
for a few years now about whether to recommend use of non-oxynol 9 or not
since it can be somewhat irritating to the vaginal tissue.  Apparently there's
conflicting research on it (no, I don't have sources, sorry).  If it
irritates, it follows that the tissue would be more at risk for allowing
transmission of AIDS.   Something to think about...
Joyce Blangiardo RN, FACCE, IBCLC