From:
Linda Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 17:18:50 -0500
Hi,  I just wanted to add my .02 worth on this topic.  I work as a LC in a
pediatric office and one of my docs is on the AAP board, and she informed me
today that they hope to have a published "guideline" by May 15th.

For now, if moms have not already purchased new bottles, they are encouraged
to use the "drop in's", as those won't leach bisphonel-A.  However, if they
already have bottles:  they are encouraged to not place them in the
dishwasher or microwave as that heat can cause the breakdown, and don't use
bottle brushes that can scratch the surface.  The proposed law suit in
California is looking at the top 5 companies:  Avent, Dr. Brown, Gerber,
Platex and Evenflo.

I'll jot a note when they come to a decisive vote as to what they will
recommend doctors tell their patients.

Linda Hill RN, IBCLC