From:
Jenni James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 14:08:34 +1000
Hi all
thought I would share a lovely story from the ABA Hot Milk conference. I was
approached by a young woman who said "Hi Jenni, you won't remember me, but
my name is..... and I knew you when I was a kid - 30 years ago and you
haven't changed a bit!. I used to hang around your place and play with your
kids all the time. I remember watching you breastfeed your kids and hearing
about co sleeping and extended breastfeeding and how you helped lots of mums
in the district who had problems with breastfeeding. I probably didn't think
much about it back then but when I had my kids (4 of them so far and all
breastfed - number four is still feeding at 4 years) all that came back to
me and helped me breastfeed my kids." This mum is now an ABA counsellor
herself.
Have to say I felt really chuffed and really touched that she had sought me
out to say "thank you" and I particularly liked the "haven't changed a bit!"
Jenni