From:
Jeanette Panchula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:47:33 -0700
Michelle said: "Has anyone ever suggested an aversion to sugar/sweetness after use of SweetEase/other sucrose solutions?"  *snort*

I know she meant this tongue in cheek (thus the 'snort') but actually I saw my grandson after his circumcision at 3 days postpartum...and they used the sweet liquid (I don’t know the brand, I was at the house with the 2 1/2 year old and dad and mom were with him).  That evening (about 3 hours after the circ) he threw up a big bolus of clear liquid - obviously not mom's colostrum - even though he had been nursing some after the circ.

I wonder if he, like me, finds excessively sweet things nauseating?

Jeanette Panchula, BSW, RN, PHN, IBCLC
California - USA
(Let's please NOT start a discussion about circumcisions - this was a religious choice per mom)