From:
"Susan E. Burger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 18:04:41 -0500
I hope I'm not providing duplicate info.  I've been off Lactnet for a while
between serving a month of Grand Jury duty and my son being sick.  So
forgive me if this is redundant.  I just received this information from
Miriam Labbok from UNICEF and thought there might be some of you out there
that might be interested.

Best regards, Susan E. Burger, MHS, PhD, IBCLC

**********************
Dear Friends and Colleagues:

We are casting a wide net to find a few outstanding individuals in order to
develop a short list of potential consultants who would be available to our
country offices in the Indian Ocean Crisis arena, and who are well
experienced in any of the following:

   Emergency nutrition assessment and planning
   Training in lactation support and relactation in emergencies
   Training in therapeutic feeding
   Monitoring of formula and powdered milk use in emergency situations

Many of you have one or more of these qualifications, and others have been
included because you may know persons who would be appropriate.

We especially would like to have names, CVs and contacts for individuals in
the affected countries with these skills, but other names are most welcome.

If you are willing and available to be called upon, could you please:
1.  Indicate which areas you are able to address and describe briefly your
activities related to this expertise/experience..
2.  Provide a p11 or a CV

3.  Also, it would be extremely useful to us if you could also please
provide contact information for individuals in the affected countries who
could serve these functions.

Many thanks for your ongoing efforts.

Sincerely,

Miriam and David

Miriam H. Labbok, MD, MPH
Senior Advisor, Infant and Young Child Feeding and Care
UNICEF/PD/Nutrition,
UNICEF House, Room 756
Tel:  212 326-7368
Fax: 212 326-7129