From:
Mary Ostyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 16:32:26 EDT
HI All-- I was just going to lurk, but have some input, so might as well
introduce myself.   I am an RN with 10 years of experience working at an
out-of-hospital birthing center here in Idaho.  I grew up the daughter of a La Leche
League leader--my sister and I played La Leche League as children, quizzing each
other with  breastfeeding questions-- and I have spent 10 years
breastfeeding, including 2 years nursing an adopted son.  I am currently inducing lactation
for a newborn who we hope will arrive this summer.   I am using the Nurture
III breast pump with good success--after 2 months I am up to 11 oz of
breastmilk a day.

The Nurture III --- at least the one I have--- is semi-automatic, meaning the
mom must cover and uncover a valve with her thumb while expressing to cause
the pump to suck and release.   So a mom can regulate the speed to what is best
for her.  My Nurture III was used by me for many hours before my adopted son,
by my sister who donated milk for my son, and now by me in prep for this new
baby.  It works great and is showing no signs of parts wear or any problem.
It is also easy to clean, a bonus if a mom is planning to use it several times
a day.  Although it is not automatic like the PIS or others, to me it is an
affordable mid-price-range option for a nursing mom who needs to pump fairly
often....
Hope that helps!
Mary Ostyn, RN   and mom to 6
<A HREF="www.geocities.com/owlhaven.geo/index.html">Mary's page</A>