Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 11:43:06 -0500
Way back in 1989, when pregnant with 2nd baby, I did alot of research into
the subject of babies being sensitized in utero, due to strong family hx of
allergies, asthma, etc. ( Unfortunately, I was already 1/2 way through 3rd
trimester, and most info concerned 3rd trimester as being the key period for
sensitization. ) Can't find my files:) but I do remember that Kaiser
Permanente had done a big study on this, researching dairy, wheat, nuts,
etc. and showed strong correlations between mother's intake and baby's
subsequent allergies/sensitivities. Maybe this will give you a start in
search for info.

Jennifer Kneuss, LSW, IBCLC
Experiencing another cold Ohio day