From:
Jon Ahrendsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 17:41:06 -0600
Permission slips have no weight in court?  Bull dung!!!  (Excuse my reaction)

Then why do we get them before surgery or circumcisions? or any procedure or even for photography in the hospital?  If they have no weight, then why does every hospital do them.  Does not the surgeon get a consent form before he puts the scalpel on the breast?  Then why would not the same consent for grant some level of documentation for permission to touch the breast.

Like I am fond of saying,
"Somebody is not thinking with both halves of their brain."

Who told you they had no weight?  Is that not simply a written documentation of consent.

What is true is that even if you have a permission slip, they can still go ahead and sue you anyway.  Their permission slip does not keep you OUT of the court room, but the mother's signed slip, or even a notation that the mother gave verbal consent to be touched DOES carry weight with the judge and jury.

Jon
Jon Ahrendsen MD ABFP
& Becky
parents of Andrea, Elizabeth and Karl