Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 01:56:23 EDT
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (11 lines)
"Do you know of other celebrities who breastfed (or were breastfed)? From the archives I got Michael Jordon, Pele, Cyndi Lauper, Jimmy Carter, Princess Diana, and Christie Brinkley.  Do you happen to know of any others? Also, how do you know that these (excluding Michael) are correct?"

I would be very careful about these lists. Kathie-Lee Gifford is usually listed and I saw her on a late-night talk show boasting about the benefits of bf'ing--for herself. She was pleased that it helped her lose weight--for the 6 weeks she bf. She said that she quit nursing one of her babies so she could fit into a dress for her role as an emcee at the "Miss America Pageant". I have, over the years, read interviews with or heard the following talk about bf'ing their children--Demi Moore, Christie Brinkley, Princess Diana, Cindy Crawford, Meryl Streep, Susan Sarandon, Bette Midler, Mia Farrow, Madonna, Kelly Preston, Lindsay Wagner and Cybil Shephard (twins), off the top of my head. I actually think it is pretty common for celebrities to nurse for some period of time.
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2