From:
Cynthia Good Mojab <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:13:13 -0700
Dear colleagues:

I have been receiving many emails asking for information about vitamin D
supplementation of breastfed infants. So many, in fact, that I am rather
overwhelmed. Most of the questions that have been asked have answers that
can be found in my article, "Sunlight Deficiency: A Review of the
Literature," published in the March/April 2003 issue of Mothering magazine.
Since it is the current issue, it may be available at newsstands in your
community. You can also try your local library. And, Peggy O'Mara, the
editor of Mothering magazine, is happy to mail a free copy of the
March/April issue (until they run out of copies) to anyone who is having
trouble finding it locally. If that is the case where you live, you can
email a request for a copy of the March/April 2003 issue to John McMahon
([log in to unmask]) at Mothering.

Also, to increase access to the information that mothers need to make
informed decisions on vitamin D supplementation of breastfed infants, my
article will be made available online from the Mothering website
(www.mothering.com) on Monday, April 14th. I will place a link to my
article from the breastfeeding section of the publications page of my
website, Ammawell (http://home.attbi.com/~ammawell), as soon as the article
is available online.

If you are trying to find the article at your local library, the citation
is: Good Mojab, C. Sunlight deficiency: A review of the literature.
Mothering. March-April 2003; 117:52-55; 57-63.

Hoping this helps,

Cynthia

Cynthia Good Mojab, MS clinical psychology, IBCLC, RLC
Ammawell
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web site: http://home.attbi.com/~ammawell