From:
Margie Forrest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2006 07:34:04 EDT

Yes, Jean, this mom will most likely have delayed lactogenesis. It may be
more than a few days before she is visited by the "milk fairy" and gets her
full supply.

Did this mother happen to receive any steriods? These may delay  lactogenesis
II by 2 weeks. She would need to keep pumping/feeding during  that time.

Remember to encourage skin-to-skin time since that can help raise prolactin
levels in the mom.

In a message dated 5/24/2006 12:07:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,