Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 19:37:08 -0500
I have had 2 clients with a similar history of persistent yeast infection.
It was clear that it was yeast, and in both cases the infection continued
for 6-9 months.

Both mother-baby pairs were relieved by a relatively new treatment called
NAET-- Nambudripad Allergy Elimination Diet.  The treatment is named for
the discoverer/developer Devi Nambudripad. She is a registered nurse,
chiropractor and and acupunturist.

Both mothers and their babies had developed an allergy to candida, as well
as to many other common foods as a result of their compromised GI tracts.
With treatment for their allergies and yeast, they and their babies are
restored to a healthy balance in their GI tracts and in their overall
health. There is no question that the NAET treatments are the basis for
their restored health.

One of the babies was growing very sickly, and weaning was suggested by
every doctor that saw him and his mother, but the baby was also reacting
negatively to so many foods that mom was resistent to stopping the one food
that could nourish him and the one comfort he had.

The procedure is usually performed by a chiropractor, but some
accupuncturists  have had the training also. There are several books out in
the last couple of years on the treatment plan. The most comprehensive is
Say Goodby To Illness, by Dr. Devi S. Nambudripad.

It wasn't designed for yeast problems, but since there is often a
connection with persistent yeast and allergy, it is not surprising that is
is helpful in such cases.

I have had several clients in the last few years who weaned their babies
because of the inablility to resolve their confirmed yeast infections.  The
weaning stopped the nipple/breast pain eventually, but their health is
still compromised and their babies have suffered with serious
formula-related allergies since weaning.

One of those who weaned is working with an MD who is serious about chronic
yeast problems and she is showing progress in restoring her health. All of
these women have a long history of heavy antibiotic use--much of it
irresponsible, IMHO.

I would be most reluctant to recommend antibiotics in cases of chronic
yeast problems which most likely stem from overuse of abx already, and
which further weaken one's immune system.

Heidi, your client's extensive reading about yeast leads me to believe that
she will be receptive to exploring the NAET treatments.

I am not sure how to help her find a practitioner who has training in the
procedure, but I will get it for you and post it when I can.

Pat Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

mailto:[log in to unmask]