From:
Sherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 10:56:49 +0800
I have been reading all of the postings about pain relief in childbirth.  I
have had four cesareans and on vaginal- unmedicated birth (my forth and
largest!).  Of course for me the choice is without question- unmedicated,
involved birthing.   I have a quection here- when I was in the States I was
working with a Brisish woman who had used something called "tens" (?).   I
have heard this term here in Australia as well.  Is there someone out there
among our British or Australian collegues who can explian what this is and
your opinion of how valuable/ safe this method is.  Thanks.  Nancy Sherwood
LLLL IBCLC- Perth, Australia