From:
Judy Knopf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 16:56:38 +0300
Hi, Kathy Dettwyler!

I had to take the dog to the vet for post-op checkup, so missed the first
part/most of a program supposedly about "the anthropological, biological
and social aspects of human attraction". Sounds good, huh? Actually, I
fantasized that you would be on it.....or WERE you and I missed that part?

ANYhow, when I tuned in, they had gotten to smells that humans find
"sensuous". First place was won by night jasmine, second place by vanilla.
OK, that's interesting, but I was quite startled by their next commment
that "explained" the sensuousness of vanilla: because vanilla is found in
breastmilk! Huh? Then they had this lovely film clip of a woman
breastfeeding a sweetie-pie..... Seems to me that the smell of vanilla
would be in milk only if the mom consumed vanilla, and how many women
breastfeed? This seemed like an awfully big leap to me, so I wanted to
hear your thoughts on this.

If other Lactnetters comment (please do!), please post me privately also
with cc, since I am nomail for the present.

Judy Knopf in Beer Sheva, Israel