From:
"Macomber, Jean L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:40:47 -0400
Nice thing about the Baby Station, of course is that it is INSIDE, in an air
conditioned space, as opposed to outside in the Florida (or California, if
you're talking Disneyland) sun! And if you don't happen to be in the area
where the Baby Station is, there are lots of other air conditioned spaces.
My personal favorite was the Tiki Birds...I could sit in the back row, where
I could lean my head back against the wall and close my eyes. The baby could
feed and my other kids could watch the show. And if I was lucky, I could get
a 15 minute nap. Even though my kids are grown we still enjoy the parks.
We've seen many Moms breastfeeding in all different areas on Disney property
and have never heard anyone harassing them. My husband will often nudge me
and smile nostalgically when he spots a Mom breastfeeding. (I'm not pleased
with which company sponsors the Baby Station, and whose presence is
elsewhere in the parks, either. :-[ )

Jean Macomber, RN, IBCLC
Jacksonville, Florida

  The Baby Station is usually only one location in a very large park, and
whenever the
baby needs to nurse, it is never convenient to get there.    Either way I
broke the rule many, many times, including a sling quickie on Cinderella's
carousel!   I gather that discreet moms don't have much trouble, but those
who are less than discreet could easily be told to go to the Baby Station,
which by the way, is sponsored by C----------n, and charges 3 to 4 times as
much for any baby item someone needs to buy in the park.

      Debbie Albert, Ph.D., IBCLC
Tampa Lactation Counseling
Tampa, FL

From:    Joylyn <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Nursing at Disney World..

I have nursed at disneyland a million times, at least.  Only had one problem
ever, and that wasn't a problem because I didn't allow it to be. I was
walking
with baby nursing in sling and some stupid employee yelled out "you can do
THAT
in the baby room."  I yelled back "I can do THIS anywhere I want, by law,
but
thank you!"  Later I wrote a letter and got a nice response which just
basically
said thank you for your concerns, we will again make sure everyone knows
that in
california everyone can nurse anywhere.

But really, I have seen many nursing moms, even found myself on a bench with
2-3
other moms, all nursing and talking, strangers until we sat down to nurse,
by
chance at disneyland. I've nursed in line, on rides, (the dip in Pirates and
teeth--don't go well together!), and everywhere else.   I think disneyland
is
pretty good but then, we do have that law out here in california which helps
out
a bit!

Joylyn