Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:09:04 EST
Dear Janaki,

Has the mother tried cabbage leaves applied to her knees?  No matter what the
cause of the inflammation I think that this could at least give some relief
and it can't hurt.  Wrap comfortably with ace bandages until wilted, or easier
yet, overnight.  No interference with breastfeeding.
My mother has had a great deal of knee pain from arthritis and swears by it.
She recently had a total knee done.  We applied cabbage after she got home and
her visiting nurses and physical therapists couldn't get over how little
swelling she had and how fast she has recovered.

Good luck to your lady,
Sharon Coe LPN IBCLC