From:
"Jamie L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 1996 10:06:47 -0500
Responding to the post about why nursing babies might not be appropriate
during speaking engagements and how distracting the noise can be:

One would hope that the Mother would be considerate enough toward her
colleagues
that she would leave if her baby was making noise.  If she were not, she
could be ushered out until her babe quieted.

The breastfeeding couple is just that--a couple, and I for one would hate to
be excluded
simply on the basis that I have chosen to breastfeed my baby.  Some would
actually
look at this as a violation of civil rights.

Let's give women credit for being intelligent and considerate enough to make
the situation workable for all who wish to participate.

Jamie Gilcrest, Morgan's Mom, LLLL