From:
Lynn Enraght-Moony <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 20:45:06 +0200
I received a note from Arly requesting more info. about the nursery school
talk.  This story comes from Brenda Pierce.  Brenda is one of the bf
stalwarts in Johannesburg, having taught bf counsellors and healthworkers for
a few years now.  Brenda has 4 children, each spaced about 3 years apart
(Why!).  This means she has spent several years working her way through
nursery school and the teachers know her well.  When Brenda was expecting
Alexa (now 5), she asked the teacher if she could come and visit the children
during their "Body Theme" and they could feel her tummy and chat.  This
session was enthusiastically received and Brenda was asked to come back again
with the baby..... and so the story goes with feeding the baby whilst
chatting to the children and showing them what REAL milk looks like.  Brenda
visited again when the baby was 6 months, showing them that she was growing
well on breastmilk and was now taking a little other food.

Brenda repeated the saga recently with Struan.  She has an amazing ability to
pitch her talk at the right level for whatever age, cultural, or educational
level group she has.

To anyone else waiting for a response from me, I'm away for the next 3 weeks,
but...... "I'll Be Back!".  Regards, Lynn (definitely a HuMR)

P.S. Brenda says to tell you that SHE is not an exotic dancer.
--
Lynn Enraght-Moony                                 [log in to unmask]
Phone: +27 11 782-4100                         Fax: +27 11 888-1086